We’re back with NWMLS’ April Market Snapshot. Some highlights of last month include:
- New median home price $415,000, up 15% from last year (and $15k from last month)
- Total dollar value of closed sales increased 21% from April 2017
- Our market has 1.3 months of inventory, so it’s still very much a Seller’s market
- Active listings were 6% lower than last year
- $4.05 Billion in closed sales, a 21% increase from April 2017
Seattle’s NWMLS has released this handy infographic as a way to help you better understand Seattle’s real estate market. Some points that stood out in the March 2018 recap were:
- New median home price is $401,762, an increase of more than 13% from the same time last year
- Closed sales decreased by 180 compared to March 2017
- Active listings were nearly 10% lower than last year
- There was 3.71 Billion dollars in closed sales, a 10% increase from last year
If you have questions about buying or selling a home in Seattle or the surrounding area, we would love to be a resource for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with all your real estate related questions!
“You’re very much at ease in this comfortable, traditional house. It’s a house with million dollar views that makes you sort of relax,” says listing agent, RE/MAX On Market’s John Manning.
The seller has nothing but great things to say about the home as well. “We absolutely love the beach lifestyle. Love waking up in the morning and smelling the saltwater, hearing the waves against the bulkhead and watching marine life out the windows.”
For more information on this property, click here.
You might’ve seen our post last week with our buyer holding the “Miracle Home” sign and wondered, “What is it?”
Miracle Homes is a program that allows RE/MAX agents to make donations to children’s hospitals around the country. Since 1992, RE/MAX has partnered with Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) hospitals to raise more than $150 million for 170 partner hospitals and helped save countless young lives. Here in the Pacific Northwest, our donations go to Seattle Children’s Hospital in direct support of their charter to never turn any child away who needs care.
At RE/MAX On Market, we make a donation to Seattle Children’s Hospital after the sale of every home we sell. If we donate after the purchase or sale of your home, we will send you an Honor Card to let you know your home purchase or sale went towards a great cause!
If you’re not looking to buy or sell right now, you can still support your local CMN Hospital by making a donation at www.cmnhospitals.org.
Take a look at the infographic below to see the impact of donations.
33 Etruria St #C
Seattle, WA 98109
Offered at $750,000
Elegant, airy and bright, this private townhouse sits back from the street on East QA. Vivid views over Ship Canal, Fremont & beyond. Great location & easy commute, ¼ mile to SPU, ½m to Google, 2m to SLU. Sophisticated, light filled home boasts a spacious yet intimate master bedroom with en-suite & private view deck. 4 decks total & each bedroom has its own bathroom. Large kitchen, designer touches, built in vacuum, & large closets throughout. Garage plus 2 off street parking spots.
3200 NE 195th St
Seattle, WA 98155
MLS #: 1258314
Offered at $748,000
Great NW Craftsman style home on a corner lot in the heart of Lake Forest Park. Enjoy 4-bedrooms + an office/den + large bonus/media room. Cherry cabinetry, Brazilian cherry floor, granite counters, double oven, gas cook-top, & pantry. Exquisite mill work in living & dining. Escape & relax to the master suite w/fireplace, 5 pc bath w/jetted tub & large walk-in. Fully fenced backyard. Huge 3-car garage. Deeded beach rights to Lake Forest Park Civic Club. Easy access to I-5 & 522.
5679 Beach Dr SW
Seattle, WA 98136
MLS #: 1256502
Offered at $2,250,000
Dramatic & distinguished Puget Sound waterfront home. Immense, breathtaking Sound & Olympic Mountain views throughout. Tastefully remodeled & impeccably maintained. Enormous kitchen with eating and family areas. Sophisticated living – vaulted ceilings, 3 striking fireplaces, wine cellar, large dining area, huge garage & private waterfront decks. Room for a spacious guest suite/MIL downstairs. Paddle from your own patio! Live in harmony with nature, immersed in the splendor of the Pacific NW!
Ready to love your job as part of a thriving real estate company with a great culture? Come join us at RE/MAX On Market, one of the newest and most successful real estate companies in the Seattle area. We are headquartered in a modern, light-filled, loft-like office space perfectly located on 20th and Market in downtown Ballard. Here are a few of the ways we stand out:
- Our work culture is respectful and service-minded, both to our clients and our team
- We are selective in recruiting our brokers, looking for the most professional and highest integrity with a desire to continually grow, learn and innovate
- We are collaborative and resourceful in support of each other. If you need someone to open doors or host an open house, we are happy to help
- We make it our job to help you meet your career and financial goals, with coaching in areas such as business building, marketing and penetrating neighborhoods or markets
- Our ongoing training program is very efficient, often presented as 5 minute trainings on relevant and timely topics from risk mitigation, contract negotiation to breakthrough marketing and branding
- We have a business administration team to help you through transactions so you can focus on what you best: listing, selling and being a valued consultant to your clients
- Our internal marketing team serves all levels of marketing from neighborhood farming to broker brand building. We have 25+ years of marketing and PR to apply to your business
- Our office is thoughtfully designed to be an inviting and comfortable place to work or host clients.
- We are set up for presentations, events and host client parties several times a year RE/MAX is the largest and most successful real estate brand in the world. We have tapped into the healthy, global RE/MAX referral pipeline, which is a significant differentiator given the vast numbers of relocations to our region
- Finally, we have fun and enjoy each other as a team, with team building events and casual get-togethers to discuss market dynamics.
If this sounds of interest to you, we’d love to talk further!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Required experience: residential real estate: 2 years
Required license or certification: Real Estate License
“Great brands evolve and RE/MAX is no different.” –Adam Contos, RE/MAX CEO
John Manning built his real estate company nearly a decade ago to provide a higher standard of competence, data-informed insights and service transparency to each client transaction. In early 2017, John moved his successful independent brokerage, Manning Sedgwick, to the RE/MAX brand to deepen his client offering. RE/MAX On Market is located at 2020 NW Market St #202 , on the top floor of the old brick Washington Federal building. We are located in the heart of Ballard to better serve our clients in this neighborhood we call home and surrounding areas.
You can expect the same great service you received with Manning Sedgwick, as well as the new brand recognition and refreshed look of the RE/MAX franchise. We are looking forward to exciting things happening as we press ahead. If you’re looking for a service-focused team to buy or sell your home, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our phone number is 206-965-8205 or email email@example.com.